Under the title halftime show in Las Vegas – but he wasn't the only artist football fans saw singing as part of the celebrations surrounding the 2024 World Cup. . There were also a few surprise guests in the store.
beforeAnd the in the field, Included National anthem singing by Andra Day and Post Malone.
Who performed in the 2024 Super Bowl halftime show?
The Apple Music Super Bowl LVIII Halftime Show was first announced in September.
“It's the honor of a lifetime to finally check a Super Bowl performance off my bucket list. I can't wait to give the world a show unlike anything else they've seen from me before,” Usher said at the time.
In an interview with CBS' “Sunday Morning,” he said it was a moment he had dreamed of for most of his career.
“You know, everyone says they want to win a Grammy, or they want to win an Oscar, a Tony, an Emmy. The Super Bowl is something everyone wants to play,” he said. “And here it is. It happened.”
The eight-time Grammy winner has been a hot ticket in Las Vegas over the past year with a residency that exceeded all expectations, and he says the greats who came before him are always on his mind.
“I mean the history of African Americans who had to perform here and couldn't go through the actual casinos… Now, being here, staying, it's like, man. What a whirlwind,” he said.
inUsher shared a tip he got from JAY-Z, the Super Bowl live music entertainment strategist.
“He left it up to me, you know, to make sure I didn't miss the culture. That's the only thing he said. You know, we're doing this for the culture,” Asher said. “I want you to play characters that we love, that we know you as. Give them moments that, you know, they're looking forward to seeing,' like, 'Go culture.' And I'm like, 'Okay, I've got you.'
Shaheem Sanchez also performed in American Sign Language for the halftime performance. In late January, the NFL announced that Tiësto would be the “first in-game DJ” at the Super Bowl. Tiësto was reported by the Associated Press on Friday He withdrew from performing at the Super Bowl on Sunday due to an undisclosed family matter.
Usher previously appeared at the Super Bowl as a guest duringIn 2011.
Join the special guest usher at the Super Bowl Halftime Show
Asher wasn't alone on his big night.
Alicia Keys joined the singer as a special guest for the halftime show, opening with her hit song “If I Ain't Got You” before releasing their 2004 duet “My Boo.”
She also joined Usher to play guitar solo on his hit song “Burn” as well as on “Bad Girl.”
Usher appeared in roller skates performing his chart topper “OMG” with will.i.am.
Lil Jon later arrived on stage to perform “Turn Down for What” and “Yeah!” Along with rapper Ludacris.
Who sang the national anthem at Super Bowl 2024?
Country music icon and Grammy Award winner Reba McEntire sang the National Anthem at the Super Bowl. Although this was McEntire's first-ever Super Bowl performance, she told “CBS Mornings” that she has been singing the national anthem for decades, so she said she felt comfortable preparing.
“You warm up like you're doing a concert and sing it about five or six times, and then you get in there and do that,” McIntyre said.
“This is not my first rodeo! I never imagined when I sang the national anthem at the National Finals Rodeo 50 years ago that I would be singing it today at the Super Bowl,” she said Sunday before the game.
McIntyre entered Allegiant Stadium for the Super Bowl about 3 1/2 hours before kickoff on Sunday wearing a puffy gray fur coat and holding the hand of her partner Rex Linn.
Flag-bearing service members stood behind McEntire as she sang the national anthem, while planes flew over Allegiant Stadium.
McIntyre wasn't the only one singing before the match started. Rapper Post Malone performed “America the Beautiful” while playing guitar, and singer Andra Day took the stageWhich is often referred to as the Black National Anthem, as part of the pre-game shows.
“Peace and blessings!!! Performing the national anthem at the SuperBowl yall! Grateful! Thank you God.” He said one day In a post on X, formerly Twitter.
There were also American Sign Language performances of each song. Actor Daniel Durant, who started inHe performed the national anthem in sign language. Actress, model and dancer Angel Pineiro signed to “America the Beautiful”; Actor and choreographer Shahim Sanchez signed the song “Raise Every Voice and Sing.”
Complete list of 2024 Super Bowl performers
- Guide – The singer headlined the halftime show, and was joined by Alicia Keys, HER, will.i.am, Ludacris, Lil Jon and more.
- Alicia Keys The singer appeared as a special guest with Usher during the halftime show.
- Jermaine Dupri – The rapper and singer appeared as a special guest with Usher during the halftime show.
- Ha The singer appeared as a special guest with Usher during the halftime show.
- Night john – The rapper appeared as a special guest performing with Usher during the halftime show.
- Ludacris – The rapper appeared as a special guest performing with Usher during the halftime show.
- i.am – The rapper, singer, and songwriter appeared as a special guest performing with Usher during the halftime show.
- Reba McEntire The country music icon sang the national anthem during her first Super Bowl performance.
- Daniel Durant The actor signed the national anthem in an American Sign Language performance.
- Post Malone – The “America the Beautiful” rapper sang.
- Angel Pineiro The actress, model and dancer signed the song “America the Beautiful” in an American Sign Language performance.
- Andhra Day The singer performed the song “Raise Every Voice and Sing.”
- Shaheem Sanchez The actor and choreographer signed “Lift Every Voice and Sing” in an American Sign Language performance. Later, Sanchez will perform in sign language for the halftime performance.
Previously, Tiësto was scheduled to DJ during player warmups and during the Super Bowl's signature intermissions, but the Associated Press mentioned On Friday he withdrew due to an undisclosed family matter.
“Alcohol enthusiast. Twitter ninja. Tv lover. Falls down a lot. Hipster-friendly coffee geek.”