With WWDC now behind us, the next thing on Apple’s schedule for this year is the announcement and release of the iPhone 15 lineup. As of now, the iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Pro lineups are expected to be released around the same time as the iPhone each year… but possibly in very limited quantities.
When will the iPhone 15 come out?
Apple is expected to have a whole new batch of iPhones this year, including the iPhone 15, iPhone 15 Plus, iPhone 15 Pro, and iPhone 15 Pro Max. As you can see below, the iPhone launch schedule over the past seven years has been incredibly consistent. The iPhone X is one of the most unique devices of 2017, and so is the iPhone 12 lineup, which has been affected by COVID-19 delays.
Here is a timeline of the latest iPhone release dates:
- iPhone 14 Plus: October 7, 2022
- iPhone 14: September 16, 2022
- iPhone 13: September 23, 2021
- iPhone 12: October 23, 2020
- iPhone 11: September 20, 2019
- iPhone XS: September 21, 2018
- iPhone X: November 3, 2017
- iPhone 8: September 22, 2017
- iPhone 7: September 16, 2016
As we’ve seen in past years, the iPhone is Apple’s most important product release every year. This means that the company will prioritize the production of the iPhone 15 over all of its other products. If any supply chain challenges or obstacles arise, Apple will delay other products before it delays the iPhone 15 release date.
Lack of iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max?
Apple has reportedly made a big jump in its production of the iPhone 15. According to a recent report, Apple is facing challenges in expanding production of the iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max due to its ambitious plans to significantly reduce the size of the bezels around the screen.
As it stands now, Apple has no plans to delay the iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max. Instead, the company plans to announce and release the devices as usual in September, and only in limited quantities.
The iPhone 15 Pro Max is said to have been affected by these issues more than the iPhone 15 Pro, which means it could experience a “critical shortage” at launch.
What’s new in iPhone 15?
As a quick update, we’re expecting a number of different changes with the iPhone 15 lineup this year. Here is a brief summary:
- USB-C for charging on all models.
- Slimmer bezels across the entire lineup.
- Dynamic Island will expand to iPhone 15 and iPhone 15 Plus.
- New titanium finish on iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max.
- The iPhone 15 Pro and iPhone 15 Pro Max are expected to use a new A17 Bionic chip made using a 3nm production process. This will be the first time that Apple uses 3nm production for chips, resulting in improved performance and improved efficiency.
- iPhone 15 Pro Max will have a periscope lens to improve the optical zoom of the rear camera.
You can keep up with the latest iPhone 15 news and rumors in our complete guide, which is updated daily with new stories.
“Typical beer trailblazer. Hipster-friendly web buff. Certified alcohol fanatic. Internetaholic. Infuriatingly humble zombie lover.”