Trying to predict the biggest game sales events of the year can feel a bit like staring into a crystal ball. Computer game players are used to guessing dates based on the historical patterns of previous years, but this has never been any guarantee of accuracy. Valve has finally simply taken all the guesswork out He tells us the entire schedule.
Steam sale 2023 dates
The list includes the biggest seasonal sales (indicated in bold), but Valve also gave advance dates for its other themed festivals throughout the year. These fairs will sell games at a discount as well. They are just more detailed. Most of them are self-explanatory, except for SHMUP Fest, which for the uninitiated means, “shoot ’em ups.”
- Mystery Festival: 20-27 February
- Spring Sale: March 16-23
- Mystery Festival: April 24 – May 1
- Sports Festival: May 15-22
- Next festival: June 19-26
- Summer Sale: June 29 – July 13
- Ghost Festival: July 24-31
- Visual Novel Festival: August 7-14
- Strategy Festival: August 28 – September 4
- SHMUP FESTIVAL: September 25 – October 2
- Next festival: October 9-16
- Steam Scream Returns (Halloween): October 26 – November 2
- Fall Sale: November 21-28
- Winter Sale: December 21 – January 4, 2024
Valve Next Fests are used to provide Steam users with previews of upcoming games. They usually include a lot of demos, live streams, and developer events. There will be two upcoming festivals this year. One of them will take place in June, and the other in October. They were great opportunities to learn about indie games that I otherwise wouldn’t have heard of – and they could be for you too.
G/O Media may earn a commission
Delta-8 Edibles Baking Bags
Sweet, sweet delta-8
Baked Cone Pouches are ice cream-inspired treats filled with rich chocolate mixed with smoothie and cold, Delta-8 THC.
Of course, Steam veterans know that some of the more serious discounts happen during the summer and winter sales. So if you’re really hurting with disposable income in this economy, you should plan to save your gaming budget for those two sales.
Happy discount hunting!
“Typical beer trailblazer. Hipster-friendly web buff. Certified alcohol fanatic. Internetaholic. Infuriatingly humble zombie lover.”