Christian Horner: Red Bull suspends the employee who accused the team manager of inappropriate behaviour, according to reports

Clive Mason/Getty Images

Red Bull team principal Christian Horner wants to move past the controversy.



CNN

Red Bull has suspended the employee who accused the F1 team manager Christian Horner to Inappropriate behavioraccording to multiple reports.

Speaking to reporters in Jeddah ahead of this weekend's Saudi Arabia Grand Prix, Horner said he could not speak about the reported suspension due to “confidentiality restrictions”.

CNN reached out to Red Bull Racing and Red Bull GMBH but has not received a response.

Red Bull launched an independent investigation last February after Horner was accused of engaging in inappropriate behavior towards a member of the racing team, whose identity was not revealed.

It was Horner to survey committed wrongdoing last week and later confirmed he later denied the allegations Alleged leaked messages Distributed to members of the F1 community in Google Drive. CNN was unable to confirm its authenticity, and Red Bull said it would be “inappropriate” to comment on the matter.

“The fact is that there was a complaint that was raised, and it was dealt with in the most professional way by the group, not by Red Bull Racing but by the owners of Red Bull GMBH, who appointed an independent KC, and this is one of the most well-known KC in the world,” said Horner. “The country.”

“He took the time to fully investigate all the facts, interviewing all persons involved as well as other persons of interest.

“He looked at everything, he had all the facts, and he came to a conclusion where he dismissed the grievance. For me, for Red Bull, we are moving forward.”

See also  Clint B becomes the interim coach of the Revolution. Richie Williams' future is unknown

Media speculation has emerged that three-time Formula 1 world champion Max Verstappen may leave Red Bull Racing, following his father. Gus Verstappen He called for Horner to be sacked following the allegations. Max Verstappen Defend later His outspoken father spoke out.

“Obviously I'm aware of the comments that were made,” Horner said. “There was commentary, there was discussion after the race and I think everyone's focus is very much on the future.”

Clive Rose/Getty Images

Horner and Jos Verstappen at the track before practice ahead of the Bahrain Grand Prix on February 29.

Horner added that he expects Verstappen to complete his contract with the team until 2028.

“I'm sure he will (fulfill his contract),” Horner said.

“He has a great team around him. He has great confidence in this team. We have achieved a lot together, so he is committed to a deal until 2028.”

“From the team’s side and from Max’s side, we are determined to build on the success we have already achieved and those 55 wins have all come in Red Bull cars.”

The controversy surrounding Horner has stolen almost all the headlines as the new season begins on the second weekend of racing.

McLaren Racing CEO Zak Brown told CNN's Amanda Davies that it was “extremely unfortunate” that the saga was continuing, and said more “transparency” was needed in the process for people to feel satisfied with the outcome.

Brown admitted it was difficult to comment directly on Horner's case, given he does not know the full details, and said McLaren would have suspended the person while he was under investigation if something similar had happened at their team.

See also  NFL 2023 Week 9 Injury Report Report: Damion Pierce is out for the Texans

He also said the sport's governing body, the FIA, needed to ensure the matter was handled appropriately so as not to damage the sport's reputation.

“I think this is an isolated incident involving one or two teams, so I think we need to see it that way, rather than as a broader issue in Formula 1,” Brawn said.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *