Gerfonta “Tank” Davis and Rolando “Rully” Romero entered the ring at Barclays Center in New York on Saturday with unbeaten records and dozens of knockouts between them.
Davis, the third seed in the men’s lightweight division on ESPN, sought to defend his “regular” WBA title, while Romero battled for the world title for the first time in his career.
Before the match, Rowley was not shy about expressing how he felt about Tank. Davis stated that this would be the last fight in his multi-year deal with Mayweather Promotions.
“Floyd has done an amazing job with him,” Romero told ESPN. “Without Floyd, Gervonta Davis is nothing. He probably still has his skill set and all of that, you know. But in terms of marketing, he doesn’t have zero personality.
“He is not doing anything to help the sport of boxing,” he added.
The The tension between them was evident During their press conference before the fight.
When they finally met in the ring on Saturday, they exchanged blows for six rounds of a back-and-forth relationship.
In the end, Davis won by technical knockout.
TANK A BAD BOY!
– Teran Mathieu (@Mathieu_Era) May 29 2022
I talk to TV like I’m a cutting man. 🗣 Let’s get him a tank
– Kevin Durant (@KDTrey5) May 29 2022
You know what the end result will be 😤..stop playing with this guy! Tweet embed 🔥🔥🔥
– Trae Young (TheTraeYoung) May 29 2022
heavy hitter like Tweet embed !!! hookah
– Odell Beckham Jr. (obj) May 29 2022
The tank got better as the fight continued… a true hero
– Keenan Allen (@Keenan13Allen) May 29 2022
– Micah Parsons (@MicahhParsons11) May 29 2022
Loose legs Loose legs 😂😂😂
– Ja Morant May 29 2022
man fell: missile:: missile:: missile: Tweet embed Truth paused playin: open_mouth: : dash:: open_mouth: : dash:
– Lamar Jackson (@Lj_era8) May 29 2022
– Lennox Lewis, CBE, CM (LennoxLewis) May 29 2022
– Milo (@MELOD1P) May 29 2022
– Jalen Ramsey (@jalenramsey) May 29 2022
OMG 😳 Tweet embed
– Karl-Anthony Towns (KarlTowns) May 29 2022
“Alcohol enthusiast. Twitter ninja. Tv lover. Falls down a lot. Hipster-friendly coffee geek.”