In each of the past three seasons, the second episode of the season has seen all of the winning competitors graduate to the UFC, while the second episode of the first season has once again produced one of the best talents to come out of the show so far – “Suga” Sean O’Malley, who is challenging for the title. The bantamweight title this weekend at UFC 292 in Boston.
Before the event moved on to “The Hub” and the TD Garden, APEX hosted five other groups of eager hopefuls to present their case for the appraiser call, and the event did not disappoint.
For the second week in a row, UFC President Dana White was very happy and in a good mood, handing out contracts to the five winners, adding Charalampos Grigoriou to the bantamweight ranks, Eduarda Mora at strawweight, Hyder Amil at featherweight and Ibo Aslan at bantamweight. Light heavy and Abdul Karim El Selwady in the light weight.
Two weeks, 10 decades, high-quality action across the board — Season 7 is hard right out of the gates!
Results for Dana White Competition Series Season 7, Week 2
- Abdelkarim El-Selwady defeats George Hardwick via unanimous decision (30-27, 30-27, 30-27)
- Ippo Aslan defeats Paolo Renato Jr. by KO (knockouts) at 2:22 of the first round
- Haider Amil defeated Emrah Sonmez via unanimous decision (29-28, 29-28, 29-28)
- Eduarda Mora defeats Janina Silva by submission (rear choke) at 4:00 of the first round
- Charalampos Grigoriou defeats Cameron Smotherman by TKO (knockouts) at 1:00 of Round 1