The great adventure game Kena: Bridge of Spirits is getting a major update including a New Game+ mode – and it’s coming to Steam.
IGN can exclusively reveal that the game will receive a free anniversary update on September 27, which includes New Game+, Charmstones, Spirit Guide Trials, Kena Outfits, and accessibility features. On the same day, the game will get a Steam version, having previously been a PC game for the Epic Games Store.
You can check out a new trailer below:
Qena: Bridge of Souls – Anniversary Update Additions
- “New Game+, which will allow players who have completed the game to restart Kena’s journey with all their previously unlocked abilities, upgrades, outfits, Rot, etc., and do redesigned and more challenging combat encounters.”
- Magic Stones That Can Be Equipped Individually – Each of these unique collectibles offers different modifications to Kena’s stats and abilities.
- “A new game mode called Spirit Guide Trials, challenges players’ skills through a variety of replayable challenges across three different classes; Obstacle Courses, Wave Defences, and Boss Reversals.”
- “Completing Spirit Guide Trials unlocks Kena’s outfits, each one inspired by one of the characters she meets during her journey. Success in additional objectives in each trial can unlock color variations for each outfit, as well as some unique Charmstones.”
- “Exclusive new clothes for Deluxe Edition owners.”
Kena: Bridge of Spirits was the first game for Ember Lab, the studio of cinematic animators who made Majora’s Mask – Terrible Fate. We gave the game an 8/10 in our review, calling it “an open world action adventure harkening back to the N64/Gamecube days in the era of Zeldas, Okami and Star Fox Adventures, with the addition of some modern sensibilities and a distinct personal touch.”
Joe Scripps is the executive news editor at IGN. follow him Twitter. Do you have a tip for us? Want to discuss a potential story? Please send an email to [email protected].
“Typical beer trailblazer. Hipster-friendly web buff. Certified alcohol fanatic. Internetaholic. Infuriatingly humble zombie lover.”