The Powerball jackpot continues to grow after no one won the big jackpot in Wednesday night’s drawing.
The winning numbers drawn Wednesday night for the $1.2 billion jackpot were: 2, 11, 22, 35, 60 and a red Powerball 23.
After no one won, the jackpot has now grown to $1.5 billion, the third largest lottery prize in US history.
The first prize for Saturday’s drawing now comes with a cash option of $745.9 million.
Although no one won first prize, there were several small winners. The $2 million prize winning tickets were sold in Arkansas, Montana and New Jersey. Over $1 million worth of tickets were sold in Arizona, California, Colorado, Georgia, Maryland, Minnesota, North Carolina, New Jersey, New York, Oregon, Texas and Virginia.
RELATED: What to Consider If You Win the Lottery
The largest all-time lottery jackpot in 2016 was the $1.5863 billion Powerball prize, with three winners in California, Florida and Tennessee sharing the top prize.
Powerball is played in 45 states, including the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands. The odds of winning the Powerball jackpot are 1 in 292 million and tickets are $2 each.
Also see: Why is the Powerball jackpot getting bigger?
10 Biggest Mega Millions, Powerball Jackpots Won in US Lottery History
1. $1.586 billion, Powerball, Jan. 13, 2016 (three tickets, from California, Florida, Tennessee)
2. $1.537 billion, Mega Millions, October 23, 2018 (one ticket, from South Carolina)
3. $1.337 billion, Mega Millions, July 29, 2022 (one ticket, from Illinois)
4. $1.05 billion, Mega Millions, January 22, 2021 (one ticket, from Michigan)
5. $768.4 million, Powerball, March 27, 2019 (one ticket, from Wisconsin)
6. $758.7 million, Powerball, August 23, 2017 (one ticket, from Massachusetts)
7. $731.1 million, Powerball, January 20, 2021 (one ticket, from Maryland)
8. $699.8 million, Powerball, October 4, 2021 (one ticket, from California)
9. $687.8 million, Powerball, October 27, 2018 (two tickets, from Iowa and New York)
10. $656 million, Mega Millions, March 30, 2012 (three tickets from Kansas, Illinois and Maryland)
Powerball tickets are $2 per play. Tickets are sold in 45 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico and the US Virgin Islands.
Copyright © 2022 KABC Television, LLC. All rights reserved.
“Total coffee junkie. Tv ninja. Unapologetic problem solver. Beer expert.”