The 2022 MLB regular season is entering its extension period, but it’s never too early to look forward to next year. Major League Baseball announced Wednesday afternoon the schedule for the 2023 regular season. Opening day will be Thursday, March 30, with all 30 teams operating. The All-Star Game is scheduled for Tuesday, July 11, at T-Mobile Park in Seattle.
It is worth noting that 2023 will be the first season with a new, more balanced season. Interleague no longer plays alternating divisions each year. Each team will play at least one series against every other team starting next season. MLB and MLB Players’ Association have agreed to coordinate the most balanced schedule as part of a new collective bargaining agreement.
“The new balanced schedule will include all 30 clubs playing each other in at least one series in 2023,” Chris Marinac, MLB’s chief of operations and strategy, said in a statement. “This new format creates a more consistent rivalry between opponents as clubs compete on the Posteason sidewalks, particularly in the recently expanded Wild Card Tour. Additionally, this fan-friendly format provides the opportunity to see more opponents’ competition, with a particular focus on expanding significantly. The most exciting matches between our two leagues, and more national appearances for star players throughout our match.”
The new schedule format includes 52 division matches (previously 76), another 64 inter-league matches (previously 66), and 46 inter-league matches (previously 20). Each team will play a series of four matches at home and at home against their inter-geographical rival (think mets against. Yankeesetc) plus one series of three matches against 14 other teams in the other league.
Please check the subscription box to acknowledge that you wish to subscribe.
Thank you for your registration!
Monitor your inbox.
There was an error processing your subscription.
Here are the 15 matches included in the 2023 Opening Day schedule:
2023 MLB Opening Day Schedule
Now here are some other highlights from the MLB 2023 regular season schedule:
- The Mookie Betts return to Boston for a three-game series from August 25-27. The Bates have yet to play a game against the Red Sox since being traded to the Dodgers in February 2020.
- Mike Trout will visit his hometown of Phillies from August 28-30. This will be Trout’s third-ever trip to Philadelphia, the MLB team closest to his hometown of Melville, New Jersey.
- The Cubs and Cardinals will play a two-match London series from June 23-24. The Nationals and Phillies will meet for the Little League Classic on Sunday, August 20th.
- As usual, Jackie Robinson Day will take place on April 15th. Le Gehrig’s third annual day is Friday, June 2, and Roberto Clemente’s day is Friday, September 15.
- The last day of the regular season is Sunday, October 1. Ten of the 15 matches on the table will see competitors in the division.
You can get more details about the 2023 schedule over here.
“Alcohol enthusiast. Twitter ninja. Tv lover. Falls down a lot. Hipster-friendly coffee geek.”