Mark Zuckerberg says “time to move on” from Elon Musk cage brawl



CNN

Mark Zuckerberg says Elon Musk is “not serious” about the cage fight and “it’s time to move on” from their proposed showdown, the details of which are never worked out.

“Elon wouldn’t confirm an appointment, then say he needed surgery, and now he’s asking to do a practice run in my backyard instead,” said the Meta CEO. Written on social media platforms Sunday.

“If Elon is serious about a real date and an official event, he knows how to get to me. Otherwise, it’s time to move on. I’ll focus on competing with people who take sports seriously.”

Zuckerberg, 39, had previously suggested 26 for the fight, but Musk, 52, has not confirmed.

Last week, Musk books that the potential showdown would be broadcast on X, formerly known as Twitter, which he owns. He’s been “lifting weights throughout the day, getting ready to fight,” Musk said, adding that “all proceeds will go to veterans charity.”

Zuckerberg, a Brazilian jiu-jitsu practitioner, won gold and silver in two white belt featherweight categories at the California Martial Arts Championships in May.

In June, the two tech billionaires apparently agreed to take on each other in a cage fight. The risks of potential confrontation were raised last month when Meta launched Thread, which is seen as a direct competitor to Twitter.

On July 10, a few days after its launch, Zuckerberg said that more than 100 million people had signed up for the platform, making it one of the fastest growing apps in history.

But weeks later, industry estimates showed that threads were struggling to retain users and engagement had dropped to new lows.

See also  Update 3-New York Commercial Bank concluded a $1 billion capital injection and announced a reverse stock split

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *