USMNT vs. Grenada
2022-23 Concacaf Nations League Group Stage Match No. 1
June 10, 2022
Q2 Stadium; Austin, Texas
Pre-game coverage: ESPN +, UniMás, TUDN at 9:30 pm ET
Kickoff: 10pm ET at ESPN +, UniMás, TUDN
Social Media: @USMNT On Twitter And Instagram; American Soccer On Facebook US Soccer App
Tonight USMNT Start XI vs. Grenada: 1-Matt Turner, 5-Anthony Robinson, 7-Paul Ariola, 8-Weston McKennie (capt.), 9-Jesus Ferreira, 13-Jordan Morris, 14-Luca de la Torre, 15-Aaron Long, 20-Vickers , 22-Reggie Canon, 23-Kelin Acosta
Substitutes: 12-Sean Johnson, 18-Ethan Harvard, 2-Diandre Yatlin, 3-Walker Zimmerman, 4-Joe Scaley, 6-Younes Musa, 10-Christian Roldan, 11-Brendon Aronson, 16-ML. Tillman, 19-Haji Wright, 21-Tim Weeh
- USMNT opening XI cap numbers (including this match): Kelin Acosta (52), Jordan Morris (47), Paul Ariola (46), Weston McKenney (34), Anthony Robinson (28), Reggie Canon (26), Aaron Long ( 26), Matt Turner (18), Jesus Ferreira (12), Cameron Carter-Vickers (10), Luca de la Torre (10)
- Official match USMNT opening XI cap numbers (including this match): Kelin Acosta (33), Paul Ariola (31), Jordan Morris (27), Weston McKenney (19), Reggie Conan (15), Anthony Robinson (15), Matt Turner (15), Aaron Long (11), Jesus Ferreira (7), Luca de la Torre (5), Cameron Carter-Vickers (1)
- USMNT opening XI cap numbers in the Congolese Nations League (including this match): Weston McKenney (7), Paul Ariola (5), Jordan Morris (5), Reggie Conan (5), Aaron Long (4), Kelin Acosta (3), Anthony Robinson (2), Cameron Carter-Vickers (1), Luca de la Torre (1), Jesus Ferreira (1), Matt Turner (1)
- The average age of start-up XI tonight is 25 years, 235 days.
- The USMNT line-up averages 27 caps and 15 appearances in the official competition.
- Greg Berhalder made eight changes to the USMNT line-up that began in Sunday’s draw against Uruguay, with defender Aaron Long, midfielder Weston McKennie and forward Jesus Ferreira on hold.
- Forward Jordan Morris and midfielder Kelin Acosta make their first appearance in the June window.
- Jordan Morris led all the American players with four assists and led the team with Weston McKenzie with four goals in the 2019-21 Congolese Nations League.
- Weston McKenzie is the captain of USMNT for the third time since their 2-1 defeat to Switzerland on May 30, 2021. McKennie is the only American player to have played in all six matches of the 2019-21 CNL tournament.
- Goalkeeper Matt Turner returned between sticks in his third appearance for the USMNT at Austin Q2 Stadium. Turner Budweiser won the Man of the Match award for his USA 1-0 win over Qatar in the Gold Cup semi-finals on July 29, 2021 last year. 2022 FIFA World Cup Qualifiers on October 7, 2021.
- Makes his 10sTh Appearing tonight, center-back Cameron Carter-Vickers gets his first hat in the official competition.
- Cameron Carter-Vickers and Aaron Long are 20 years oldTh Different center-back pair under USMNT head coach Greg Berholder.
- And made his 10sTh Tonight’s appearance, Luca de la Torre gets his third start for the USMNT.
- Is about to celebrate his 24th birthdayTh On Saturday’s birthday, Reggie Cannon gets his second start of June camp tonight. Canon started the 3-0 win over Morocco on June 1 in Cincinnati.
- Five players with ties to the state of Texas start tonight in the United States. Kelin Acosta (Plano, Texas), Reggie Cannon (Grabwin, Texas) and Jesus Ferreira (McKinney, Texas) are all products of the FC Dallas Academy who played for the club’s first team. Weston McKennie (Little Elm, Texas) played for FC Dallas Academy before signing with the German Bundesliga team Schalke in 2016, while forward Paul Ariola joined the club earlier this season.
- Defender Eric Palmer-Brown (thigh pain), midfielder Tyler Adams (coach’s decision) and forward Christian Pulisic (coach’s decision) were not on the team tonight as the teams were limited to 23 players. Teams are allowed to make five substitutes at three different moments.
- The United States is leading 3-0-0 against Grenada. The teams played in a series both at home and abroad during the preliminary round of the 2006 FIFA World Cup qualifiers, with the United States winning 3-0 on June 13, 2004, before a 3-2 road victory over Columbus on June 20. 2004 in St. George Grenada. The last meeting was in the opening match of the 2009 Concacaf Gold Cup, which USA won 4-0 on July 4 in Seattle.
- The USMNT is 2-0-0 at Q2 Stadium in Austin all the time. The Confederations Cup won the Gold Cup semi-finals on July 29, 2021 with a 1-0 victory over Qatar and a 2-0 victory over Jamaica in the 2022 FIFA World Cup qualifiers on October 7, 2021.
- Hector Side Martinez of Honduras will officiate today’s match. He has previously officiated four USMNT tournaments: 0-0 draw against Bosnia and Herzegovina (Jan. 28, 2018; friendly), 6-0 win over Trinidad and Tobago (June 22, 2019; Confederations Cup), 7-0. And a win over Tobago (Jan. 31, 2021; friendly), a 1-0 win over Haiti (July 11, 2021; the Concacaf Gold Cup).
“Total coffee junkie. Tv ninja. Unapologetic problem solver. Beer expert.”