Buckingham Palace says King Charles has cancer – The Hollywood Reporter

Buckingham Palace announced on Monday that King Charles III had been diagnosed with cancer.

Buckingham Palace said in a statement that the 75-year-old monarch “remains entirely positive about his treatment and looks forward to returning to full public service soon.”

Last month, the palace announced that the king had been hospitalized to undergo surgery for an enlarged prostate.

Officials did not say what type of cancer Charles has or what stage it is in, except that it is not prostate cancer and was discovered during his recent surgery. The king will begin receiving regular treatments.

Here's the full statement: “During the King's recent procedure in hospital for benign prostatic hyperplasia, a separate matter of concern was noted. Subsequent diagnostic tests identified a form of cancer. His Majesty today began a schedule of regular treatments, during which time doctors have advised him to postpone his public duties.” Throughout this period, His Majesty will continue to carry out state business and official papers as usual. The King is grateful to his medical team for their rapid intervention, which was made possible thanks to the procedure he recently underwent in hospital. He remains completely positive about his treatment and looks forward to returning to full public service as soon as possible. Possible. His Majesty has chosen to share his diagnosis to prevent speculation and in the hope that it will aid public understanding of all those affected by cancer around the world.

This news comes after Kate Middleton was also hospitalized. On January 17, the royal family revealed that she had undergone abdominal surgery, and stated that no further details would be revealed to the public. Middleton left the hospital after two weeks, according to People, and then returned to his home in Windsor to continue his recovery.

See also  ViacomCBS announces new company name: Paramount

“The Princess of Wales appreciates the interest this statement will generate,” the palace said at the time. “She hopes the public understands her desire to maintain as much normalcy for her children as possible; Kensington Palace said in its initial statement regarding the health news, that she wanted her personal medical information to remain private. “Therefore, Kensington Palace will only provide updates on Her Royal Highness’s progress when there is important new information to share.”

More is coming.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *