Boston Bruins forward Milan Lucic will be arraigned Tuesday on charges of assault and battery against a family or household member, the Suffolk County District Attorney’s press office said Monday. Lucic will be arraigned in Boston Municipal Court.
Lucic has been on indefinite leave from the Bruins since Saturday due to an unknown incident that occurred the night before.
“The organization takes these matters very seriously, and we will work with the Lucic family to provide any support and assistance they may need,” the Bruins said in a statement on Saturday. “We will have no further comment at this time.”
The Bruins did not provide further details about the incident. The NHL said it had nothing to add to the team’s statement.
Bruins coach Jim Montgomery addressed the situation on Saturday before Boston’s game against the Montreal Canadiens, reiterating information the team provided in their statement.
“It’s not a normal day,” Montgomery said. “But we are professionals, and we have a game to play tonight.”
Lucic, 35, spent eight seasons with the Bruins from 2007 to 2015. He returned to Boston on a one-year deal during the offseason after stints with the Los Angeles Kings, Edmonton Oilers and Calgary Flames. Lucic has two assists through four games with the Bruins this season.
The Bruins placed Lucic on long-term injured reserve last month after he suffered an ankle strain against the Los Angeles Kings on October 21.
Over 16 seasons in the league and 1,177 appearances, Lucic scored 233 goals and provided 353 assists.
(Photo: Richard T. Gagnon/Getty Images)