It was a great night at the Caps rink as they celebrated their legendary captain Alex Ovechkin. Can the hats make the game part of the festivities cross the line?
Alex Ovechkin opened the scoring because of course he did. TJ Oshie deflected the second goal of the game. Conor Cherry put the third hat in the first period. Eric Robinson got one for Columbus.
Adam Bokvist sniped the Blue Jackets all-time trailing by one goal. Sonny Milano burned his former team to bring the caps back. Jack Roslovic replied to Blooj. Nick Jensen in McNugget min.
Buckvist got the second of the night with another shot. Emil Bemström connected it all. Nick Jensen with a nice backhand to take back the lead. Boone Jenner tied it up again with a netminder pull. Roslovic wins it in overtime.
The Blue Jackets beat the Caps 7-6.
- What a very nice pre-match party. Hats know how to do these things right. So is it Alex Ovechkin. He opened the scoring by accident, but that’s what a good scorer does. The goal was Ovi’s 40th goal of the season, marking his 13th career 40-goal haul that saw Wayne Gretzky (12) pass the most 40-goal mark in NHL history.
- Dylan Strom extremely hot red. He now has 16 points (6g, 10a) in his last 12 games. It looks like the new top line of Ovi, Strome and Tom Wilson could do very well.
- Rasmus Sandin With another incredibly impressive setup Connor CherryFirst period strike. Sandin now has 11 assists in nine games since being dealt to DC.
- Coach Peter Laviolette She promised a better start in this game. He sure got one. He put the hats on three times in front of Daniil Tarasov before Columbus seemed to know what had hit them.
– NBC Sports Capitals (NBCSCapitals) March 21, 2023
- The first half of the second was not so good. It was like the return of the old first period hats and it was all Columbus for a good while. They got it together in the back half and left with a two-goal lead.
- What a beautiful give and go Sony Milano And Niklas Backstrom. That was some classic afternoon on that play.
- I did not like Charlie Lindgrenplay recently. Some absolute snipers are over it in this game but maybe a couple will want to come back too. But at the same time…the Caps defense was really bad for long periods of matches.
- What was that third period in the world?
– RMNB (rmnb) March 21, 2023
The Chicago Blackhawks will be in town next Thursday. This will likely be John Carlsson’s first game back in the lineup.
Full coverage of Gr802 Night by Alex Ovechkin
Title: Photo provided by Corley
“Alcohol enthusiast. Twitter ninja. Tv lover. Falls down a lot. Hipster-friendly coffee geek.”