6 July 2022
The all-new MacBook Air with M2 is available to order starting Friday, July 8
Features a stunningly slim new design in beautiful four colors, a larger 13.6″ Liquid Retina display, a 1080p HD camera, MagSafe charging, and more
Starting Friday, July 8 at 5am PT, it has been completely redesigned MacBook Air with M2 It will be available to order, and will begin reaching customers worldwide on Friday, July 15. The all-new MacBook Air with the M2 chip features more performance, a stunningly slim design, a larger 13.6-inch Liquid Retina display, a FaceTime HD 1080p camera, a four-speaker audio system, and up to 18 hours of battery life,1 and MagSafe charging. Now available in four gorgeous colors — midnight, starlight, silver, and space gray — the MacBook Air starts with the M2 at 1199 USD (we and $1099 (US) for education.
New design enabled by M2
MacBook Air has been completely redesigned around the M2, and has a new design that’s remarkably thin from all angles. With a rugged one-piece all-aluminium body that’s incredibly durable and built to last, it’s just 11.3mm thick, weighs just 2.7 pounds, and offers an impressive 20 percent reduction in size over the previous generation. And thanks to the M2’s energy efficiency, all the capabilities of the MacBook Air are integrated into a silent, fanless design. In addition to silver and space gray, MacBook Air is now available in two stunning new colors: Midnight and Starlight.
MagSafe gives users a dedicated charging port that’s easy to connect while protecting MacBook Air when plugged in. MacBook Air also features two Thunderbolt ports for connecting a variety of accessories, and a 3.5mm audio jack with support for high-impedance headphones. Additionally, the Magic Keyboard features a full-height, functional row with Touch ID and a spacious, industry-leading Force Touch control panel.
Gorgeous 13.6-inch Liquid Retina display
The new MacBook Air features a beautiful 13.6-inch Liquid Retina display, enlarged near the sides and up around the camera to make room for the menu bar. The result is a larger screen with thinner borders, giving users more screen space to view their content in vivid detail. With 500 nits of brightness, it’s also 25 percent brighter than before. MacBook Air now supports a billion colors, so photos and movies look incredibly lifelike.
Advanced Camera and Audio
MacBook Air includes a new 1080p FaceTime HD camera with twice the resolution and low-light performance of the previous generation. Combined with the processing power of the advanced image signal processor on the M2, users will look great on video calls.
MacBook Air also features a four-speaker audio system. To match this slim design, the speakers and microphones are perfectly integrated between the keyboard and screen – all while delivering a better audio experience. An array of three microphones captures pure sound using advanced beamforming algorithms, while the speakers produce improved stereo separation and audio clarity. MacBook Air also supports immersive spatial sound for music and movies using Dolby Atmos.
More performance with the M2
The M2 chip kicks off the next generation of Apple silicon for Mac, taking the impressive performance, power efficiency and capabilities of the M1 even further. From multitasking to creating captivating photos, the MacBook Air with M2 is everything users want in the world’s best-selling notebook.
- MacBook Air with M2 features a more powerful 8-core CPU and up to 10-core GPU, so users can get more done faster.
- With a combined memory bandwidth of 100GB/s and support for up to 24GB of fast unified memory, it can handle larger and more complex workloads.
- The M2 also adds a next-generation media engine with a powerful ProRes video engine for hardware encoding and decoding, so the MacBook Air with the M2 can play back more 4K and 8K video streams than before.
- With M2, intensive workloads such as editing complex timelines in Final Cut Pro are nearly 40 percent faster than the previous generation,2 And up to 15 times faster for customers who haven’t upgraded to Apple silicon.3
- Applying filters and effects in apps like Adobe Photoshop is up to 20 percent faster than before,2 And up to 5x faster for customers who haven’t upgraded to Apple silicon.3
- And even with the bigger screen and increased performance, MacBook Air offers the same great all-day battery life as before, with up to 18 hours of video playback.
Only with Apple silicon can there be such a combination of performance and capabilities in such a thin and light laptop in a fanless design.
More shipping options
MacBook Air offers a number of charging options, including all-new Built-in 35W power adapter With two USB-C ports, so users can charge two devices simultaneously. For the first time, MacBook Air supports fast charging of up to 50 percent in just 30 minutes using an optional 67W USB-C power adapter.4
Mac OS Monterey
With macOS Monterey, MacBook Air offers continuity tools like Universal Control that make it easy for users to work effortlessly across Mac and iPad. FaceTime includes portrait mode and spatial audio to make calls look natural and lifelike, and SharePlay allows Mac users to share experiences through FaceTime.5 Live text and visual search use intelligence to display useful information, Safari includes efficient tab organization with tab groups, and Shortcuts provide ease of Mac automation.
coming this fall, macOS Ventura It will take full advantage of the M2, bringing new features including Stage Manager, powerful new capabilities with a continuity camera, and Handoff that comes to FaceTime. macOS Ventura also includes major updates for Safari, Mail, Messages, Spotlight, and more.
Designed with the environment in mind
The new MacBook Air reduces its environmental impact, as it now uses 100% recycled rare earth elements in all of its magnets. It also uses 100 percent recycled aluminum in its casing and is the first Apple product to use certified recycled steel. The MacBook Air remains free from many harmful substances, meets Apple’s high standards for energy efficiency, and uses wood fibers in packaging that come from recycled sources or responsibly managed forests. Today, Apple is carbon neutral to global corporate operations, and by 2030, it plans to achieve a net zero climate impact across the business, which includes manufacturing supply chains and all product life cycles. This means that every Mac that Apple makes, from design to manufacture, will be 100% carbon neutral.
Pricing and availability
- The all-new MacBook Air will be available to order worldwide starting Friday, July 8 at 5 a.m. PDT. apple.com/store And in the Apple Store app. It will begin reaching customers, at select Apple Store locations and Apple Authorized Resellers, beginning Friday, July 15.
- MacBook Air with M2, available at midnight, starlight, silver, and space gray, starts at 1199 USD (we and $1099 (US) for education. Additional technical specifications are available at apple.com/macbook-air-m2.
- Additional technical specifications and details about Apple accessories – including 30W USB-C Power Adapter $39 (US), Compact 35W Dual USB-C Power Adapter for $59 (US), 35W Dual USB-C Power Adapter for $59 (US) Compatible with Universal Travel Adapter Kit for $29 (US) and 67W USB-C Power Adapter for $59 (US) – Available in apple.com/mac. The 35W Dual USB-C Mini Power Adapter is available to customers in countries CanadaAnd the ChinaAnd the JapanAnd the MexicoAnd the philippinesAnd the TaiwanAnd the Thailandand the we.
- Every customer who buys a Mac from Apple can enjoy a free online personal session with an Apple specialist, set up their products at select stores including data transfer assistance, and receive instructions on how to make their new Mac work the way they want.
- With Apple Trade In, customers can trade in existing computers and get credit for a new Mac. Customers can visit apple.com/shop/trade-in To find out the value of their devices.
- AppleCare+ for Mac provides expert technical support and additional hardware coverage from Apple, including up to two accidental damage protections every 12 months, each subject to a fee.
- Battery life depends on device settings, usage, and other factors. Actual results may vary.
- These results were compared to previous-generation MacBook Air systems equipped with an Apple M1 processor, octa-core CPU, octa-core GPU, 16GB of RAM, and 2TB of SSD.
- These results were compared to previous-generation 1.6GHz dual-core Intel Core i5-based MacBook Air systems with Intel UHD Graphics 617, 16GB RAM, and 1TB SSD.
- Testing conducted by Apple in May 2022 using preproduction MacBook Air systems with the Apple M2, eight-core CPU, eight-core GPU, 8GB RAM, and 256GB SSD. MacBook Air systems tested with the Apple 67W USB-C Power Adapter (model A2518) and USB-C to MagSafe 3 Cable (model A2363). Quick charge test conducted using discharged MacBook Air units. Charging time varies with different settings and environmental factors; Actual results will vary.
- Portrait mode and spatial audio require a Mac with Apple silicon.
Click on Contacts
Michel del Rio
Apple Media Help Line
“Typical beer trailblazer. Hipster-friendly web buff. Certified alcohol fanatic. Internetaholic. Infuriatingly humble zombie lover.”