Christian Horner is 'fully committed' as Red Bull Formula 1 team boss amid ongoing investigations

Milton Keynes, UK – Christian Horner says he remains “fully committed” to the Red Bull Formula 1 team despite an ongoing investigation into the matter. Reported allegations To control the employee's behavior, which he denied.

Red Bull GmbH, the parent company of Red Bull Racing, said earlier this month that it had launched an investigation into Horner after learning of the allegations.

A hearing was held on Friday, conducted by an independent lawyer in London, but no further action or outcome has yet been announced. Red Bull said in a statement last week before the hearing that it takes the allegations “very seriously.”

Speaking at the launch of Red Bull's new Formula 1 car, the RB20, on Thursday, Horner said his focus was “pretty much on next season” and defending the team's title.

Horner said: “Some allegations have been made and I completely deny them. “I am committed to this process, and I will continue to do so until it ends.”

Although he declined to discuss details of the ongoing investigation, including the time frame for a resolution, Horner said it was “business as usual” for him as Red Bull team principal, with him going to the factory every day to help prepare for the new season.

Horner said he had not considered stepping back from his role. He added that he will be in Bahrain, which hosts Formula 1 pre-season testing from February 21-23 and the opening race of the 2024 season on March 2.

“I built this team,” Horner said. “I convinced people to come here and work here. I enjoy working with the team and with the people. The biggest asset of this team is the people. And that remains the case.”

See also  Pistons coach Monty Williams agrees to a 6-year/$78.5 million deal

Horner has been in charge of Red Bull's Formula 1 operations since the energy drink giant took over the Jaguar team ahead of the 2005 season, making him the longest-serving team principal in the sport.

Under Horner's leadership, Red Bull has won seven drivers' championships, including each of the last three thanks to Max Verstappen, six constructors' titles and 113 grands prix.

Horner claimed the support of Red Bull shareholders has been “outstanding”, pointing to the commitment to the Formula 1 team and its wider projects, including a future engine program with Ford and its advanced technologies division.

“We are a team, and that support has been very clear,” Horner said.

Red Bull enters the 2024 season as the favorite to defend its titles, and Horner does not believe that the ongoing investigation will constitute any kind of distraction to its preparations.

“In moments of uncertainty, he brings the team together, and I've never seen a team more cohesive or supportive than they are now,” Horner said.

“Everyone is focused on one thing, which is the performance of that car, to go out and defend the two world titles that we have worked so hard to achieve over the last two years.”

Verstappen, a triple world champion, also denied that the investigation had overshadowed preparations, saying that morale was “fantastic” and that everyone in the team was “very focused and motivated.” He also said that his interactions with Horner were “business as usual.”

But the team told the media that Verstappen and his teammate Sergio Perez could not answer questions about the ongoing process, with Verstappen saying: “No, because you will come up with stories about this again, and then there is speculation.”

See also  Georgia football winners and losers after their first-week win over Oregon

“It's better not to ask anything about it, and just wait for the operation.”

The Red Bull car was launched as a celebration of the team's history, including appearances by key figures such as Technical Director Adrian Newey, Technical Director Pierre Wache and David Coulthard, who scored Red Bull's first Formula 1 podium at the 2006 Monaco Grand Prix.

Coulthard drove the first Red Bull F1 car, the RB1, in a demo alongside Verstappen in the RB20 at Silverstone on Wednesday during the filming day.

The event gave Verstappen the first opportunity to try out the new Red Bull car, which features a number of modifications from last year's model, which won 21 out of 22 races, becoming the most dominant car in the history of Formula 1.

Detail shot of the RB20 seen during the Red Bull Racing car launch in 2024 (Courtesy of Red Bull F1)

Changes include a Mercedes-style bonnet and 'shoulder', as well as modifications to the side, an area where Red Bull has set the design direction for the past two years. But the team has kept the true design of the car's underfloor cover hidden, meaning the RB20 will not be fully revealed until pre-season testing begins in Bahrain next week.

Detail shot of the RB20 seen during the Red Bull Racing car launch in 2024 (Courtesy of Red Bull F1)

“It's definitely better,” Verstappen said of the new car. “I think we are happy with what we did. Of course we don't know how much others have improved, but we are happy.

See also  Former Packers, Rams OLB Clay Matthews Declares 'Gone Days'

“It's not like we felt like we didn't accomplish anything or anything. I think we're proud of what we put on the car.”

(Photo: Giuseppe Casassi/AFP via Getty Images)

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *