In my testing, I put this new PSU into my XG Dragon case, replacing the 500W PSU that came with the unit. The Dragon case has a custom mounting plate that allows the PSU to be installed through the back of the case. Here’s a shot of the mounting plate before and after mounting it to the PSU.
Once the mounting plate was installed, I was able to push the cable harness through and slide the PSU into the back of the case. Here’s the PSU being installed into the case:
There was a slight hiccup, before I realized that this new PSU was slightly deeper than the old one, and I had to adjust a bracket in the case which held it into place. Once I did this, everything clicked into place and fastened down nicely.
Inside, it was a small matter connecting all of the cables in the correct locations. Here’s a couple of pics showing the main power connector, and the additional 12V. Take note of the mesh wrap around the power cables. This gives the wires a nice clean finish.
The rest of the installation was very straight forward. At the end, though, I was left with a total of 6 unused lines, a total of 9 unused connectors. These included an extra molex set, a couple of PCI-E connectors, a couple of SATA sets, and an additional 12V. A nice touch would have been if this PSU had been modular, so I could just remove the unused lines (which was over half) completely. It would have gone a long way to cut down on the clutter inside the case, as you will see here:
As you can see on the left, more than half of the leads from this PSU go unused in my configuration. I tie-wrapped them together (seen on the right), so I could tuck them away inside the drive cage.
KEITHLEE2zdeconfigurator/configs/INFUSIONSOFT_OVERLAY.phpzdeconfigurator/configs/ OFFLOADING INFUSIONSOFTLOADING INFUSIONSOFT 1debug:overlay status: OFF overlay not displayed overlay cookie defined: TI_CAMPAIGN_1012_D OVERLAY COOKIE set: status off