Albatron has been making a name in the Intel market for awhile now. Their i845pe chipset boards were not only great overclocking boards but at a budget cost. Now with Intel's new i865pe chipset, Albatron is ready to make another hit in the overclocker's community. Packed with features, the PX865PE ProII says that it is able to hit 1.2ghz FSB. That is a whopping 300mhz FSB!!! I only know one CPU that is capable of doing just that, and I have it--the P4 2.4c. Will Albatron live up to what they publicize? Only numbers can tell.
Here are the specifications of the motherboard pulled off from Albatron's website.
- Intel Pentium® 4 Processor (Northwood/Prescott) - Socket 478 with FSB 400/533/800/1200(by overclocking) MHz (FSB1.2G Hz + setting available by overclocking) - 4 DDR400/333/266 Memory Sockets (Dual Channel DDR400) - Built-in VIA Envy 24PT with 8 channel Audio Support (Bundle SPDIF2 Card Optional) - Intel 1Gbits LAN (CSA Port) - 2 Serial ATA150 Channels, Intel Serial ATA RAID 0 - Promise RAID 0,1/ATA133 - 2 IEEE1394a Ports - 2 ATA100 Channels, up to 4 ATA 100 IDE Devices - 8 USB 2.0/1.1 Ports (6 ports by optional cable) - BIOS ™Mirror - Voice ™ Genie
- 400/533/800/1200 MHz (FSB1.2G Hz setting available by overclocking)
- North Bridge : Intel 865PE - South Bridge : Intel ICH5R - LAN Chip : Intel 82547EI ET LAN chip (CAS Port) - IEEE1394 Chip : VIA VT6307 - Audio Chip : VIA VT1720 Evny 24PT - I/O Chip: Winbond Smart I/O W83627HF - Promise Chip: Promise PDC20276 Controller
- 4 * DDR Sockets: - DDR400/333/DDR266 unbuffered /None-ECC DDR SDRAM up to 4GB Note 1: If the FSB of your CPU is 400 MHz, the memory speed supports only DDR 266. Note 2: If the FSB of your CPU is 533 MHz, the memory speed supports DDR 266/333 Note 3: If the FSB of your CPU is 800 MHz, the memory speed supports DDR 333/400
- 1 x AGP(3.0) 8X slot (1.5V only) - 5 x PCI slots (PCI 2.3 compliant)
- 2 ATA100/66 Channels, up to 4 ATA 100 IDE devices - Promise ATA133 Channel (Not supporting CD-ROM and ATAPI devices), - Promise RAID 0,1/ ATA133
Onboard I/O Connectors
- 1 x Floppy Connector - 3 x USB 2.0/1.1 header (6 ports by optional cable) - 1 x CD_IN header - 1 x S/PDIF in/out header (S/PDIF in/out cable optional) - 1 x CPU fan header ( 1 fan rotation detection function ) - 2 x System fan headers ( 2 fan rotation detection function ) - 1 x 10 pin system panel header (Intel spec) - 1 x 3 pin Power LED header - 1 x Front audio header (Intel spec) - 1 x IrDA header - 1 x Case Open detection header - 1 x Wake on LAN Connector - 2 x 5 pin Com port header - 2 x 8 pin Game Port header
I/O via Back Panel
- PS/2 keyboard/mouse, 2 x USB(2.0/1.1), RJ45,1 x Com(serial), 1 x Parallel, 2X IEEE1394,1x Line-in/Line-out(Speaker Out)/MIC/SUR_CEN/SUR/R:WOF,L:CEN
- 20-pin ATX power connector, 4-pin ATX 12V power connector
- 4Mb Flash EEPROM - Award BIOS with ACPI, DMI2.0, PnP, WfM2.0, GreenSuspend to RAM (S3), Suspend to Disk (S4)Wake on keyboard/mouse, Wake on LAN/RTC Timer
- 3FAN sensors, CPU/System voltages and temperature monitoring
- Zero Jumper Design - BIOS Mirror TM Protect BIOS by creating an original mirror image of itself - Voice GenieTM Voice Troubleshooting system ( four-Language ) - Adjustable CPU frequency by 1 MHz increment, Adjustable Vcore, VAGP, VMemory for overclocking - Watch Dog Timer (auto-reset system when it can not handle overclock configurations) - AGP Protection (The AGP Protection can ensure the AGP card voltage to be 1.5V, to protect the mainboard and the AGP card.)
- FCC, CE, BSMI
- ATX (244mm x 305mm)
Intel's 865PE Chipset
Intel's Springdale chipset is no doubt the perfect budget solution for desktop users. Not only is it cheap but it packs a power punch to its bigger brother Canterwood.
"The Intel® 865PE chipset is designed to support the Intel® Pentium® 4 Processor with Hyper-Threading (HT) Technology, adding intelligence to help manage and prioritize multiple threads received from the microprocessor.
This flexible and highly scalable solution meets a broad range of demanding computing needs. The 865PE chipset offers high-bandwidth interfaces such as dual-channel DDR400 main memory, coupled with an 800 MHz system bus, AGP8X graphics interface, Intel® Communication Streaming Architecture featuring a Dedicated Network Bus (DNB) interface for wire-speed Gigabit Ethernet (GbE), dual independent Serial ATA ports and Hi-Speed USB 2.0 connectivity to ensure the performance you expect."
KEITHLEE2/home/servers/www.devhardware.com/www/zdeconfigurator/configs/INFUSIONSOFT_OVERLAY.php/home/servers/www.devhardware.com/www/zdeconfigurator/configs/ OFFLOADING INFUSIONSOFTLOADING INFUSIONSOFT 1debug:overlay status: OFF overlay not displayed overlay cookie defined: TI_CAMPAIGN_1012_D OVERLAY COOKIE set: status off